Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kicker ZX2500.1 -OR- JL 1000\1 V2?

I just bought 2 JL 13w7's. I know JL makes the Slash 1000\1 V2 for them, But was wondering about the Kicker ZX2500.1. The kicker has a bit more power "I think", But is it TOO much. I DOUBT I'll be running it full potential. I just think the 13w7 can handle more than the JL 1000\1 can dish out. I would probably go with one amp per sub, it will be going in a suburban. Also would front, or rear firing be better.



the 13w7's are rated at 1000 watts rms each. overpowering them could void your warranty. its true your best bet is to get 2 of the jl amps. however that doesnt mean you have to get that amp. just anything that puts out 1000 watts rms at the correct ohms will do just fine. get as close to 1000 watts as you can though. plus or minus 100 watts wont be a huge deal.





also on a side note, i'd stear clear of kicker amps. 3/4 kicker amps have failed me in less then a year. and for no good reason. they just wouldnt turn on anymore. just a word to the wise.





good luck




RE Audio XXX model can handle more than both.

No comments:

Post a Comment