Thursday, March 26, 2009

What is under my hood? 03 Eclipse GTS?

I just bought it myself, and it's in great condition. I already know how to drive very well, but I just don't know what everything is under the hood. I didn't plan on keeping it stock, and most of my friends said I should start with an intake.





Could someone please tell me what's under my hood so I don't look like a fool when I show people my new car.



Engine : V6, SOHC, front engine FWD


Displacement :3.0L


24 valves, 4 valves per cylinder


Transmission : 5-speed manual or4-speed Sportronic


Now depending on miles and abuse the car has seen you should be in the ball park area of:


Horsepower : 210 hp @ 5750 rpm


Torque : 205 lb-ft @ 3750 rpm




All you really need to know is it's a SOHC (single over head cam) 3.0L V6 engine and the engine itself is called the 6G72. Also the horsepower numbers the other guy posted are just how much horsepower you get at the crank but you aren't pushing anywhere near 200 at the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment